Saturday, December 31, 2011

Saturday, December 31



I am back in Ohio. I have traded my "slippahs" for galoshes, rainbows for rain clouds, tank tops for turtle necks and sunshine and blue skies for dreary gray but I am where I am and happy to be. I left Honolulu on Wednesday night around 9 pm Hawaii time, stopped in Maui and then 6 hours to Denver, then another 3 to Columbus to arrive at 2:30 pm EST. I didn't sleep very good on the plane but at least there was no one in the seat next to me on the 6 hour leg of the trip and I could stretch out a little. My friend Sharon picked me up at the airport and it was good catching up on some of the news from home. Thanks to everyone who helped out while I was gone. Mr. B and Molly seemed to fare just fine while I was gone. There were no ribs visible so I assume they had plenty to eat and both were napping in front of the TV when I walked in the house. Wednesday evening marked the 3rd year since Andy's accident and it is really remarkable that he was able to stay for an entire month on his own. He did many things that he doesn't normally do when I'm home so I am thinking I need to put him to work! Tomorrow on New Year's day we will be having lunch at the Madison House with my mom and dad to help them celebrate their 63rd wedding anniversary. They spent their honeymoon in New Orleans all those many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment