Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday, March 22

Just had to put this picture in the post. This is Evelyn after a green beer dinner at the Dixie Grill on St. Patrick's Day! I love it!!











I am sure you are wondering "why don't she write?" to paraphrase from Dances With Wolves. Well to tell the truth, I've been really, really busy. I have been thinking about getting wood floors for awhile now and after some price comparisons and shopping, we finally decided on a laminate flooring from Lumber Liquidators. They gave us an estimate the following day and scheduled the installation five days later. Of course, to save money we decided to pull out all of the old carpet and the stone tile in front of the fireplace. It was a little more of a job than we anticipated but we saved nearly $475. Yesterday the installation crew was here and by 6 o'clock we had new flooring in the living room and kitchen. It looks really nice and tomorrow I will post pictures of the rooms once we get the furniture in. I had planned to rest up today but instead I cleaned the two Koi ponds in front of the house. If you are going to wade around in mucky cold water it is better to do it on a day when it is 85 degrees. We still have some unpacking to do inside and of course with this early warm weather the grass will have to mowed sooner than we would like but I feel like we have accomplished quite a lot in the last month. We are looking forward to Sara, Matt ad Evelyn's visit next month and Lily's birthday celebration in May. Hopefully we will have everything all caught up by then so we can finally relax! Getting ready to watch the Ohio State vs Cincy basketball game. Sorry Matt, but I have to cheer for the Buckeyes.

1 comment: