Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday, June 25

What a wonderful change in weather.  Nice cool breeze, high of 75 and great for getting all of the outdoor chores finished.  Today we finished planting the grass seed in the spot where the well was drilled and around the circle in our driveway.  Got the straw down and watered all of it.  I also cut down one of the cedar trees that was too close to our house.  Then I started the blower and blew off the driveway, sidewalks and the deck next too the pool.  I also hung the swing out on the deck and after lunch I weeded the garden and screwed down all of the loose boards on the deck.  Then Molly and I took a walk in the woods.  I think she is finally getting comfortable being outside.  She actually walked the entire trail (no leash) without turning back and running to the house.  Good job, Molly! The last two evenings I have been observing the birds around the yard, thought you might like to see as well.
 New baby house wrens, looks like he is asking the other to "PIPE" down over there!
 I thought this little guy was going to fall out, I think he may have gotten a little push from his nest mate.
 There are two separate nests in this apartment complex.  The middle appears to be available to rent

 Home from a hard days work, cleaning up the road ways.  Turkey vultures are one of my favorites.
 Of course they are prettier when they are soaring above us.  He thinks she is beautiful.
 Not a bird but he sure is cute.  Love the zoom on my Canon camera.
 A view down the Little Darby creek, late afternoon.
 An Eastern Phoebe nest built on the light above our Ford tractor.  Made of moss, mud, grass & hair.
 At the other end of the light is a Barn Swallow nest.  Both nests have hatchlings. See photo below.
 I am thrilled that the Red-headed woodpecker have returned the last two years.

 This is the lamp, Phoebe nest on the left and barn swallow on the right
 Eastern Phoebe, adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment