Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day-Tuesday, December 25


Last night's Cantata and Communion Service were both very moving in different ways.  The Cantata which is all music was very nice and included a candle light portion to the service.  The sanctuary always looks so beautiful when the lights are out and each face of the congregation is lighted by a single candle.  I always look forward to this service.  Last year I was in Hawaii and we could not find a church nearby to attend for Christmas eve and didn't want to venture too far with little Evelyn.  This year I sang in the cantata, a reminder of how much I love being part of a choir.  I think we sounded pretty good considering several of our soloist were battling colds and flu like symptoms.  Following the Cantata, Pastor Pat held a communion service that was a little more intimate since many who attended the cantata did not stay for communion.  I liked the relaxed and meditative feeling of this service.  I felt as though everything slowed down a bit and I could reflect on the real reason we celebrate this very special night.  I also prayed for the families of the 27 who died in Connecticut. And yes, I prayed for the brother of the gunman, who must carry enormous guilt for the acts of his brother and the loss of his mother.  The families of all those young children were in my thoughts both last night and today.  As I watched Evelyn and talked to Luke and Lily about their Christmas, I couldn't help but think that some families would find it very difficult to celebrate because of their losses.  As saddened as I am, I am reminded that the birth of Christ is also a time of hope.  Hope for the day when loved ones are not taken from us by acts of violence, cancer, accidents or natural disasters. Hope and the blessed assurance that God will stand by us during the good times and the bad, he will laugh with us and cry with us and most of all, he will love us, unconditionally.  My wish for everyone is that we can awaken each day with the excitement and expectation of a child on Christmas morning.  I don't know about you, but as for me, I believe!
Grandma and Grandpa-Great



Christmas at Grandma & Grandpa's house
  We had a wonderful Christmas dinner at Bob and Ramona's house.  We had Mom and Dad there to share the day with us as well.  Tomorrow Sara and Matt will be moving in to their new apartment in Cincinnati.  Of course we are expecting between 6-12 inches of snow.  Hopefully, it won't hinder the moving process.  Evelyn will be staying with Grandma until the movers are finished and the roads are clear enough for travel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment