Saturday, December 29, 2012

Saturday, December 29

The front of our house early this morning. I had the driveway all shoveled yesterday!

It has been a busy week once again.  Sara and Matt drove to Cincinnati on Tuesday morning, in that crazy snow storm thinking that they would be getting their household goods delivered to their new apartment only to get a phone call at 8 am that they were cancelling and would come on Wednesday.  The only good thing was that I got to watch Evie all day and night.  Wednesday morning the movers arrived and by the time Evelyn and I got their around 3 everything was moved in but not unpacked.  Luckily, Matt was able to get off work and his brother Joey was there to help so things were a lot farther along than if the movers had been left to finish.  Matt finally told the movers just to go.  Evidently they did a lot of standing and not much moving.  Sara was pretty ticked because the first thing they did was to break her vacuum while unloading.  I talked to her today and she said she only has about 4 boxes left to unpack although she still can't located their shower curtain.  I was going to take pictures of their new apartment but decided to wait until they are unpacked.  They have a ground floor apartment with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths that overlooks the lake.  They are also very close to the pool.  It is located off of I-71, one exit south of Kings Island.  It is smaller than their place in Honolulu but still very nice.  Yesterday, I went to urgent care as I felt like I was getting an ear infection again.  She put me on another antibiotic and then last night I got sick with flu like symptoms.  I felt awful and was so glad that I didn't still have Evelyn.  I had a fever, the chills, achy all over and with my already congested head I was not much fun to be around.  This morning however, I woke up feeling much better so it must have been a 12 hour variety of whatever virus I had.  Guess I should have gotten my flu shot this year!  Other than not feeling 100% I have been enjoying the snow.  Our 4 wheeler, Super Mache with the snow blade has been a real time saver and makes life much easier.  Shorty, Molly and I walked through the woods this afternoon and really enjoyed the quietness.  We saw several of the deer that had been bedded down and they were probably not too happy that we disturbed them.  Shorty and Savannah will be going to their new home on Monday.  I am not sure if Molly will miss them or not.  I do think Molly has lost some weight trying to keep up with Shorty.
The Little Darby Creek

Our afternoon walk


Feeder favorites!  My Carolina Wren and in the background is a downy woodpecker.

No comments:

Post a Comment