Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thursday, December 20

Another reason I didn't get my Christmas cards out.  A set of corn hole for someone in Delaware. Andy built them but I had to paint them.
Putting up the Christmas Tree


I have been rather lax posting to our blog and for that I do apologize.  I have had several mention the fact to me and my sister even called to see if everything was ok.  Yes, we are doing fine but the last two months have been busier than usual.  Sara and Matt are back so the baby has occupied much of my time and much to my delight she loves her grandma.  I am reminded, however, that it is next to impossible to get anything done with a toddler around.  We just returned home from Delaware and yesterday we replaced the garbage disposal in the sink.  I could not believe that it cost $99 for the exact disposal that I swear I only paid $50 for the last time we bought one. (OK, so it was probably 10 years ago! It is still a lot of money. Maybe I should start composting.) We did get our tree put up today.  Evie was a big help as you can see in the pictures. 
I am wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas here on the blog because I will not be sending out Christmas cards this year.  They are still sitting on the kitchen table and today I have decided that it just isn't going to get done.  Unless they decide to write themselves they will still be sitting there on Christmas Day!  I have been in a "funk" as of late, I think partly because two of our long-time neighbors are moving but mostly because we are nearing the 4 year anniversary of Andy's life changing fall.  I have come to realize that I am not Super Woman, nor do I want to even try to be any longer.  I just want normal, at least what I perceive normal would have been prior to December 28, 2008.  Evelyn, Luke and Lily and the girls have kept me busy enough not to dwell on the things that will never be and keep me focused on the many blessings that surround me.  So I send my best wishes for a warm and wonderful Christmas and a most blessed New Year!
I forgot I took these pics on the last day we were in Delaware

Three of the best gifts anyone could ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment