Thursday, December 13, 2012

Monday, December 10

I'm sure many are thinking "Why don't she write?" a line from one of my favorite movies, Dances With Wolves. The answer to that question includes a certain little person, Evelyn and another, not so pleasant leaky toilet.  At Thanksgiving I noticed that the tiles in our bathroom were popping up.  After pulling up several tiles it was pretty clear that there was a leak around the toilet.  When all of our house guests left I pulled up all of the tiles to see where the exact problem was.  I had planned to call a handy man or at least a plumber to help with this project but I couldn't even get anyone to come out for at least a week. So, while Matt was still here we tackled the job ourselves and it turned into a nightmare.  There was a layer of flooring on top of the sub floor and the water that was leaking from the toilet went between the flooring layers leaving both mold and some were beginning to rot.  It looks pretty good now but it was longer than the half day that I was hoping for, more like 5 days.  The rest of my time is spent playing with Evelyn.  We also have been practicing for our Christmas Eve Cantata and yesterday our handbell choir played at the Madison House for the residents.
PS  I am so far behind that even this post took 2 days to publish.  Sara, Evelyn and I drove out to Dover today and will be staying with Trish until Sunday.  I will try to post some pictures of Luke's Christmas Music Program that is going to be performed on Friday.



No comments:

Post a Comment