Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday, May 18

Determined to start the week off with a better attitude, I was up early relaxed in the hot tub and then hit the exercise bicycle, all of this after I first filled the bird feeders and uncovered the tomato, pepper plants and flowers. We had a good breakfast and then headed over to outpatient therapy. Today I dropped Mr. Bichler off and then went to have his watch repaired and picked up some things I needed from Lowe's. When I got back to therapy Mr. B was hard at work in occupational therapy. I ran Mr. B home and then headed back to Dodd Hall for a TBI Spouses support group. This is a monthly meeting of people who have a spouse that has suffered a traumatic brain injury. A psychologist heads the group and everyone shares their personal story as well as concerns and frustrations. It is also a great place to ask questions because these are people who are facing many of the same problems. They offer insight, solutions and sometimes just empathy. I feel very encouraged following these group meetings because I realize how far we have come in a relatively short time. Tonight I feel hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment