Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wednesday, May 27

Well, things aren't going quite as we had planned...so what else is new? This morning when I arrived at the hospital Mr. B was being wheeled down for chest x-rays. Took me by surprise as I thought he was being treated for a UTI but evidently his temperature spiked early this morning to 103 and now the doctors are worried that there may be another underlying infection somewhere else. So they are trying to rule out pneumonia, heart problems and they have sent blood and urine cultures to try to isolate the culprit. Unfortunately, some of these tests take several days to reveal anything. I hope to see the Dr. in the morning to get more information. I did go to work (yes it is work because I get a pay check!) at the Girl Scout Camp after checking in on Mr. B at the hospital. We had a group of 1st graders today signed up to do creeking, fishing and pond study. I helped with the fishing. We had a great time and caught one large mouth bass, about 12 inches long, at least seven times. He evidently really had a taste for the hot dogs that we were using for bait. The kids had a great time and the rain held off until the bus pulled out of the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment