Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday, August 8





We had a great week end visiting with family at the Wilson reunion in Commercial Point. We took Mom and Dad and they seemed to enjoy seeing all of their nieces and nephews. The food was awesome and we were all so stuffed that we could have rolled home.

Today we attended the Madison County Retired Teachers Luncheon held at the Senior Center in London. The guest entertainment was General Wm. T Sherman. Well not really, it was really Frank Bullock dressed as Gen. Sherman, but he was excellent. The money he makes supports the Sherman Museum in Lancaster, Ohio which is where Sherman grew up. I really learned a lot in the short 20 minutes that he talked to our group. His presentation made me feel like I had just spent time visiting with the real Sherman.

This afternoon I spent time in the kitchen making an appetizer for tomorrow's Docent Picnic. Sara found the recipe, or directions for assembling these cute little penguins. I don't even like black olives but I was looking for something with an animal theme. They turned out pretty good. Now I'm going to make some deviled eggs to go along with them. This is the one event when docents can take a guest with them, so Mr. B is going and we are going behind the scenes at the polar and brown bears. Hope it cools down a little before tomorrow evening. I'll try to get some good pictures to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment