Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday, September 9

Our little bundle of sunshine!
This is the smile we were looking for on Tuesday when we were getting pictures!

Today was a highly productive day. Since Luke and Lily are in Springfield today with Grandma Peg and Pop Pop Ed, I decided to try to get a lot of those jobs on my "to do" list checked off. I began my day by starting to get some laundry put away but soon migrated to the laundry room where I started a new load of laundry. I absolutely hate housework so I soon found myself outside feeding my adopted cats and our 2 remaining fish. While I was out there, I decided to try one last time to fix the slide on our camper. I hate the thought of paying someone $110 an hour for a 10 minute job. After an hour and several prayer requests I finally got the replacement bolt into the roll bar under the trailer. And it works! Yea, I saved $110! (if I were a mechanic at Tom Rapor's RV I would have made $330) Feeling pretty good about that I fired up the weed eater and headed down to the creek and started trimming some of the weeds along the edge and cutting down the poison ivy from around the trees. Next, I headed up to the roof of the house to patch a hole that I suspect is how the squirrels or chipmunks are getting into our attic. Mr. B cut a patch for me and I was able to screw it in under the shingles. Hopefully, I didn't trap any critters inside. After lunch I did another load of laundry and then headed out to shampoo the carpet inside the camper since the slide was still out. I treated the hot tub and the swimming pool getting them ready for the weekend. While I had dinner on the grill I fed the horse and carried the trash out and then called it a day! Tomorrow, if I get the electric fence down from around the garden, I will have most of my list caught up. I still have to work on cleaning the barn since my barn swallows have left for Central America or where ever they end up, but I may wait until next week to get that job finished. Tired but very satisfied!

No comments:

Post a Comment