Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thursday, September 30

I can't believe September is over. Where did the summer go? Even though I have to admit the cooler weather is a welcome relief from some of those sweltering 90+ degree days. I did a tour at the zoo on Tuesday for the 3rd graders from New Lexington Elementary. We had a great time in spite of the rain and one our highlights was seeing Coco our bull Asian elephant smash a 450 lb. pumpkin. We also had a real good look at our baby langurs. The babies are bright orange and we have a 2 week old and a 4 week old. They were so cute! We also have a new baby gorilla that was born Wednesday. They don't know yet whether the baby is a boy or girl, but mom Cassie is taking good care of the baby under the watchful eye of dad Anakka. It will be a little while before the family group will be put out for the public to see.
Today, Mr. B and I hauled some trees that my nephew cut down for us. There were 2 pines at the end of our pool that continually shed needles into the pool which were almost impossible to vacuum off the bottom. I hated to cut them down but it was just too hard to keep the pool clean. I spent the afternoon cleaning out the barn and moving mowers around getting ready for the winter. Next week we will have to get the camper winterized and backed into the garage. I'll let you know how that goes. I'm not too good at backing up but if I start early in the day I should be able to get it done before dark.
Tomorrow, another tour at the zoo. It should be fun. It is a tour of kindergarten students who will have an 8th grade buddy. I think it is a general tour so I will probably take them up into North America and see the polar and brown bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment