Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday, March 21




This is Molly's new favorite hang out. She seems to feel right at home here.


Day 2 with Molly
Last night was a little shaky. Molly does not, as I had been led to believe, find her kennel a place of security. She has instead made a nest in front of our couch, complete with a blanket that I gave her and any thing that smells like me. At present count, that would include her green doggie, a pair of my socks, one of my slippers that she carried from the bedroom and a doggie chew that she won't chew. Last night she barked like a banshee in the kennel until finally at 1 a.m., I let her out and she went immediately to her nest and I slept on the couch next to her. At 4 a.m. I went back to bed and left her sleeping in her nest. At 7 I got up to let her out and when I grabbed my jeans beside the bed, I realized that she had come into the room and peed on my pants. I guess I am officially hers now. I hope this will not be a nightly trend.
We went to the vet today and he gave her a clean bill of health. She now weighs 74 lbs. and Dr. Knowles thinks she should weigh about 60 lbs. He also thinks she is between 4 or 5 years old. He believes that she is a Newfoundland/Yellow Lab mix because of the roundness of her head. Other than needing lots of exercise she is now legal, complete with rabies vaccine, microchip and dog license.
Mr B has been a real comedian commenting on several occasions about her pretty markings. Today he took Molly out twice for a walk. He may have a motive. Perhaps he is thinking about training her to bring in the paper. And perhaps someday she may, but if it were today, it would end up in her nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment