Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tuesday, March 15

The nurse is holding Alyia and she does have a hand under her bottom. I don't want you to think that this is how Margeaux picks up her new little one!

I had to go back and read my last post because it has been so long that I forgot what I wrote last. The weather is typical March Ohio weather, cold, wet, icy and gray with a small dose of sunshine every once in a while. Hopefully, better weather is on the way. Let's see...the latest news on Lily is that the oncologist was very pleased with the last MIBG scan. Lily broke her leg soon after that news and she is on her second cast. It seems the pink one must have been a little loose and she managed to crawl out of it. She now has a pretty yellow one at Luke's request.
The waters of the Little Darby are back within it's banks, at least for now. My turkey vultures are back and roosting in our woods and I'm sure they are wondering what prompted them to arrive in this cold wet weather. Our good friends Margeaux and Jeremy had their baby last Sunday. Little Alyia weighed in at 5lbs. 4 oz. and is absolutely perfect. Of course while I was holding her I was thinking that it would take two of her to make one of our Sara who weighed in at a whopping 11lbs 4 oz.
I have been volunteering at the Franklin Co. Fairgrounds caring for the dogs that were confiscated from the Clark county hoarding case. There were over 35o dogs when I went on Friday. There have been a number of dogs adopted and the number is now closer to 250. I am amazed at the number of volunteers and the number of donations that have been at the fairgrounds. I am going back on Thursday and Friday. I am secretely hoping that one dog I have been watching has found a home or I may have to bring it home with me. Not sure what my cats will think of that. Many of the dogs looked very good and it was apparent that they had belonged to a family at one time. But there are others that are either very dominant or very timid. While cleaning cages there are a number of dogs that won't leave the security of their crates. The dogs are systematically being sent out to be spayed and neutered, a neccessity evidenced by the arrival of two litters of pups after their arrival at the fairgrounds. I think Bob Barker had the right idea reminding people to "have your pets spayed or neutered!" The public is welcome to come take a look at the remaining dogs if they are interested in adopting. Several volunteers have already taken dogs home.

No comments:

Post a Comment