Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday, March 20

This is Molly, formerly known as #421. Isn't she beautiful?

We walked a lot around the yard and I'm thinking I should try to train her to pick up sticks.


We are once again a dog family. I filled out the adoption papers and picked up our "sweetie" after church today. She was not quite as perfect as I thought at first. As soon as we were loaded in the truck, I got about a mile down the road and I smelled that awful fresh poop smell. She had unloaded on the blanket in the back seat of our King Ranch. Then she stepped in it before I could pull over to clean it up and it was pretty much everywhere in the back. She was pretty restless until I turned up the radio and I think she is a music lover. She has explored a lot of our yard. Our outside cats looked mortified when they saw her. My black fluffy cat puffed up so much that she looked like a small dog herself. I haven't seen Muffin or E.T. so I don't know how they are going to react but I'm guessing it won't be a joyous greeting. I have discovered that "Molly", I think that is what we are going to name her, does not have any idea of how to play. She won't let me get out of her sight for now but she is settling in and we are watching the Buckeyes and she is sitting on my feet. The vet today gave me the papers from her vet check when she arrived at the emergency shelter and they estimated her age at 4-5 years and she weighed 70 lbs. Mr. B is snoring in his chair right now and she is giving him the strangest look! Too funny. I have to keep reminding myself that she has be looked up in a hog barn for most of her life and everything must seem so foreign to her here. It is going to take a little time but she is a fabulous dog already so I am really excited to see what she will be like with a little training and socialization. Right now she needs a bath in the worst way but I think that will have to wait until tomorrow. I don't want to stress her out, she has had a pretty big day already.

No comments:

Post a Comment