Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday, September 10





Andy with our good friend Larry. Not sure who was more excited about the opening, Larry or his son, Scott.

Today I had the opportunity to go to the Ohio State vs Toledo game. I was a little nervous as I was the guest of an alumni nut...I mean Buckeye fan. We left at 8 am and Mr. Bichler was quick to point out that the game didn't kick off until noon. But we had traditions and rituals that had to be followed and far be it that I be the one to jinx the Ohio State football team. I mean, really, the Bucks have enough problems without me adding to them! So we parked in the usual place, walked the same route to the stadium, checked out some vendors for freebies, went to the Skull Session, left at the appropriate time, bought a hot dog and arrived at our seats 30 minutes before kick off. Oh, and did I mention that we had to bite into a candy buckeye at the precise moment that the kicker was kicking the ball?! All kidding aside, I had a wonderful time and the Buckeyes did come away with a victory, even though the thought did cross my mind that I should go wait in the parking lot when Toledo took the lead early in the 1st quarter. Hopefully the team got their "bad" game out of the way and will be ready to play next week. The weather was perfect for the game and I had a really good time.

When I arrived back home, Mr. B informed me that we had been invited to the private seating at Rothwell's Family Restaurant in London. This new restaurant is where the London Perkins once was. Larry Rothwell's son, Scott, is the owner/manager. This was a dress rehearsal for their public opening next week. Overall it was a good experience and their signature appetizer of kraut balls was really good, and I don't even like sauerkraut, but Larry insisted that I try them.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you called them "traditions" and Sharon a Buckeye nut. Dee regularly says Dee is a fan, but that Sharon and I we need therapy! :)

    Glad you could join us.....and that we came away with a victory!

    ReplyDelete