Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday, September 13











What a beautiful day! There were lots of visitors at the zoo today and they were treated to quite a show in Polar Frontier. The polar girls were very active, especially Aurora who delights in jumping against the glass with the children on the other side. I think she loves to hear them squeal when she dives in the water and then pops out right in front of them. Anana was content just swimming or sunning on the rock. The brown bears were pretty sleepy by the time I got over to them but they did pose in their den so the public could get a good look at how very big they are. The moose calves have grown even more in the week since I last saw them.

Fall is nearly here and I love the wild flowers this time of the year. Molly and I have been walking in the woods in the evening and I think it is one of my favorite times of the year.

I need to start getting into winterizing mode pretty soon. I have a lengthy list of things that will need to be done and I don't want to wait until it gets cold to do it. Today we tried to level the dirt from the well we had dug. It is a pretty big job, even with Mr. B on the tractor manning the loader. Of course that left me doing the manual labor and handling the shovel. It looks a little better but it still isn't finished. Lesson #1 never pay the full amount until everything is finished. Lesson #2 follow lesson #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment