Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday, November 11

My sister, Judy, talking with a Pearl Harbor survivor on our visit to the USS Arizona last November.


Paying tribute to those who lost their lives during the attack on Pearl Harbor.


Matt on board the USS Missouri. He had the opportunity to be on board when they moved the ship from dry dock.


My dad was in the Merchant Marines during WWII.


Today is the designated day to honor our veterans. I will give a shout out to my son in law, Matt, who is currently deployed aboard the USS Port Royal and my dad who served during WWII in the United States Merchant Marines. I am currently watching a basketball game between Michigan State and North Carolina and it is being played aboard an aircraft carrier. In a few minutes they will be taking a special time out at sunset for the presentation of the evening colors. I think the ship is in port in San Diego, at first when I saw President Obama I thought they were in Hawaii but I was mistaken. Sara had told me that Obama and several world leaders have been in Honolulu all week and traffic was a nightmare because of all the road closures. Any way, the game is pretty unique. I'm looking forward to the OSU basketball game at 9. I am pretty much over football this year. I can hardly make myself watch the Browns and the college scene has been one disappointment after another. On a lighter note I heard on the news that weddings for today were up by 110% because so many couples wanted to be married on 11-11-11. Thanks again to the men and women who have or are serving in the military.

1 comment:

  1. President Obama is arriving on the island tonight for APEC 2011, but other world leaders arrived a couple of days ago. It's crazy how much Daniel looks like Grandpa in that picture.

    ReplyDelete