Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday, November 10

What I am thankful for, I love how excited Lily looks when Luke opens the door.

The sky as I was driving to art class. The clouds were soft and white with a tinge of pink and the full moon right above. And then the cold front moved in.

I apologize to the faithful that read this blog. I feel my posts have been few and far between as of late. Partly, I think because the weather has been so gorgeous that I have been outside quite a bit and also because I am trying to prepare for Christmas a month early. We will be having Thanksgiving and Christmas in Delaware next week since I will be gone during the month of December. The church bazaar last week end was pretty successful, I haven't heard a final tally but my Stained Glass notecards all sold as well as the two framed prints that I donated. If you are interested, I do have my notecards at The Abbey, a gift shop in the old Catholic Church downtown, and they are having a Holiday Open House this week end. I believe the Catholic church is also having their bazaar on Saturday and several craft shows including Helen Haenszel's out on Olmstead Rd. Someone told me there is even a wine tasting at the Garden shop at the eastern edge of West Jeff? Who needs a grocery store!

Stay tuned, my next posts will more than likely be from Delaware and New Jersey and in the month of December they will be coming to you direct from sunny Honolulu. As I close this post I would like to ask each of you to say a little prayer for all the families and their children who are fighting childhood diseases. It takes such a toll on everyone concerned. I have three regulars in my prayers, 7 year old Madeline of Columbus going through chemo after being diagnosed with neuroblastoma, 5 year old Trey Love of Pennsylvania fighting against reoccuring neuroblastoma and 4 year old Celia who is the victim of little known Batten's disease. There are far too many statistics of childhood diseases but sometimes we need to forget the statistics and make them more personal. Pray for healing, understanding and faith in a power greater than we can fathom. Examine your life as it stands today and take stock of the many blessing that surround you and give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment