Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday, November 4

This was Tuesday's rainbow. It had faded some by the time I got home.


If you look closely you can see the turkey vultures roosting in our sycamore tree. As of today they are still here.


I framed two prints of my stained glass paintings and donated them to the church bazaar. I also took down several sets of note cards that you can purchase. After next week they will be available at The Abbey also.


After talking to my sister this week on her birthday, we realized that last year at this time Judy and I were in Hawaii. What a great trip that was! And what a beautiful week we have had this week. Each morning the views were spectacular with the sunrise and the low lying fog hugging the creek. The turkey vultures, that I mistakenly thought had left, spread their wings to catch the early rays of sun to dry and disinfect their feathers before heading out to rid the highways of small roadkill. I found myself thinking that I would never want to leave our place here on the Little Darby unless it were for several of the colder months in the winter. Well, no need to dwell on that thought since I am getting ready to spend my December in Honolulu. I am frantically getting my Christmas wrapping finished so we can have an early Christmas with Trish, Chad and Andy's mom. Sara is doing well and will start having bi-monthly doctor visits and she started her birthing classes. Next week she will tour the hospital.

Don't forget to shop the United Methodist Fall Bazaar tomorrow, Nov. 5 from 9a.m. to 5p.m. I'm heading down now to deliver my two Toll House Cookie Pies and some of my note cards and a few white elephant items. Have a great week end and enjoy the weather, it may be the last of the warm days.


No comments:

Post a Comment