Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday, November 20

Our blow up instant tree. A little noisy but definitely scored big points with both kids.

I got Lily an Eskimo doll when we were in North Pole, Alaska this summer. She is giving her a bottle here.



The entire Foulk family sitting on one bench. Andy was much more interested in his biscuit than in posing for the family photo.

Luke helping with the turkey dressing. He love cracking open the eggs.

King of the Hill in the neighborhood "jungle".

The hill can also double as a slide.

We made it back home tonight around 8:15 p.m. We picked up a very happy Molly from the kennel and crashed when we got in the door. It was a wonderful visit and we had a great Thanksgiving/Christmas celebration on Saturday. It was so much fun watching Luke and Lily open their gifts that were under our make shift Christmas tree. Afterwards we prepared and ate a huge feast. We were stuffed when we finished and didn't even have room for our cupcakes or pie that Luke had made the day before. Luke and I went to see Happy Feet II but once again he fell asleep before the movie was half over, probably all that turkey we ate. He was so cute when he woke up and said, "Grandma, the movie is almost over" and then said how much he liked going to the movies with me. I guess he likes sleeping on my lap. I will have to remember that we have to go to the early movie next time. This morning before we left, I took Luke and Lily for a walk. We explored the "jungle", a small woods at the end of their street. We turned over every log looking for bugs and salamanders. We did spend a small amount of time retracing our steps to find a lost binky. It was just a great way to end our visit to Delaware. They will be in Ohio for Christmas but I will be in Hawaii so I won't see them until next year. This week I will be stocking the freezer and pantry with plenty of staples so Andy can survive the 5 weeks that I will be gone. He has quite a list of things that I need to pick up or prepare so I apologize in advance if I don't get anything posted this week. I talked with Sara this week and she did have to have some tests because her belly didn't measure big enough. Everything looked good and the technician said the baby was in good position with her head down and turned ready to be delivered. I hope they communicated the fact that she isn't aloud to come out until Grandma gets there!

No comments:

Post a Comment