Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday, February 6

My newest saw painting is the patriotic themed eagles. The red-bellied woodpecker is one that I started about a year ago and never finished. Think I will put them down at The Abbey Gift Shop with my note cards.

Yesterday morning before church I spotted this pileated woodpecker on the power line pole that runs through our pasture. He had company, a red-bellied woodpecker was sharing the pole.

The pilieated is a crow sized bird and is the largest woodpecker species. (Unless we find an Ivory billed woodpecker)

Yesterday was another beautiful day. We didn't have handbell practice after church so when I got home Mr. B suggested we go out for Valentine's Day. I failed to mention to him that he was about a week early. (Hey, you can't blame a girl for trying to get two dinners out of one holiday.) I'm pretty sure he had been thinking about this for a while since he had coupons he had saved from the ads several days ago. We went to the Longhorn Steakhouse in Grove City and had a really good meal. Andy had the bacon wrapped, bourbon glazed sirloin that he sees on the tv advertisement that they do. We had a great time and the food and service was great. I spent the rest of the day painting, something I haven't really taken time to do at home. Of course I took some time out to take Molly for her 4:30 walk. Lily has her appointment with Dr. Rupon, her oncologist, this morning in Philadelphia. I hope to share some great news at my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment