Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday, February 23

Sorry it has been quite a while since my last post. I don't think I mentioned the little issue we have been dealing with. Before I left for Hawaii in November, I noticed that our ceilings were looking a little dark. Of course, I tried to clean them but without much luck. When I got back I called a professional cleaning company to look at our walls and ceiling and was told that we probably had a home owners claim. After having our gas fireplace insert inspected we learned that our fireplace had been installed improperly and the soot had gotten into our furnace and then spread throughout the house. We have had cleaners in our house for the last week and I have been trying to pack, clean and declutter the smaller items to keep ahead of the cleaners. After cleaning they also painted the rooms and ceilings. They still have about a half days work left but it looks great and now I have all of my spring cleaning finished and it isn't even spring yet. In my spare time, I have stripped wall paper, some not very successfully, wired and installed a ceiling fan and replaced the old fan with a ceiling light. Once the cleaners are finished we have a wall that we are going to put wainscot paneling on because we could not get the old wall paper off. An easy fix.....I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment