Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday, February 26

Trish, Lily & Luke giving Grandma Great her birthday flowers right before they headed back to Dover. Luke tried to negotiate another night in Ohio but Mom said he couldn't miss school if he wanted to remain the smartest kid in class. (That is what he thinks!)

Lily giving Molly Scooby Snacks.

Happy Birthday!! Time for cake and ice cream.

I think I had the greatest surprise ever on Friday afternoon. I returned home and saw a truck in the driveway. I noticed it had Delaware tags and when I went in the house I saw our son in law Chad on the couch. At first I thought he had probably brought a horse or one of his race bikes out here and had just stopped in to say hi. But then I heard it, those little giggles and then the excited "surprise Grandma!". Luke and Lily came running through the kitchen and latched on to my leg. It seems that Trish and Chad had to deliver a bike to someone in Pennsylvania and decided to come on out to Ohio to watch Pop Pop Ed's tournament basketball game on Saturday. And it seems we weren't the only ones to be surprised. They also played their little surprise at the gym on Grandma and Grandpa Foulk. Evidently they were good luck because Kenton Ridge defeated Urbana and will move on to play Bellbrook next week. We had a great visit but it was much too short. They left today around 12:30 and should be home by now if they didn't have to stop too many times. Before they left they stopped by our house to wish Grandma Great a happy 88th birthday. Now we are looking forward to a visit from Sara, Matt and Evelyn.
Tomorrow the cleaners will be here to finish up and on Tuesday the serviceman will be here to repair the gas insert that caused all of the mess. Then all I have to do is get my house back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment