Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Thursday, Leap Day, February 29

This is our sweet little Evelyn during her tummy time.

Mommy thought I would look even cuter with this hat, what do you think?

Leap day was beautiful here with temperatures in the high 60s but elsewhere in the country it was a devastating day with over 27 tornados with up to 180 mph winds and massive destruction in several states. It is hard to imagine what that would be like. My prayers go out to those who are attempting to put their lives back together today. And it sounds like another storm system is coming in this weekend.
I am still getting the house put back together and I am trying to eliminate a lot of "stuff" that has accumulated over 30 years. We do have our gas insert up and running again now that it is 60 degrees outside. The decorative brick walls that they sent were the wrong ones and had to be reordered but at least we can use the fireplace and Scioto Valley is going to pay the service fee to have them installed.
Currently I am recovering from a double ear infection and a possible cracked rib. The rib pain was so intense that I went to urgent care on Tuesday. They put me on a Z-pack and Prednisone. I am starting to feel better. And.....on my way home from the zoo, as I turned down our road I spotted the first turkey vulture to return for the spring. The rest of our buzzards usually get here around March 10th.
I know as you are reading this you are thinking that I am a little late getting this post out and you are right, I just couldn't finish it last night. Went to bed instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment