Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wednesday, April 22

Not too much to write about yesterday so I thought I would wait until we had our appointment with our favorite (and only) neurosurgeon, Dr. McGregor. Dr. McGregor was extremely pleased with Mr. B's progress and said that everything seems to be recovering at a very good rate. He explained that neurons in the brain take much longer to heal than cells in other parts of the body. He thinks that from looking at the last CT scan that there is no reason we shouldn't be looking at a near complete recovery with very few deficits. The vision cut would be one exception but he feels that the brain will help to compensate for the deficiency. Continued outpatient therapy will help with memory issues and increase strength and endurance. On May 6 we will see another doctor who will look at Mr. Bichler's current medications and see if any changes would be beneficial. After all of the good news, we treated ourselves to a late lunch at York Steak House. Tips and shrimp were Mr. B's pick of the day and a nice visit with Jay topped off an already great day!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear that you had a good report, Mr. B. I hope you, Mrs. B. is catching up on your rest also. You've both been thru a very stressful ordeal. Don and I were out to Bryan's a couple of weeks ago (Lemon's place) and Don talked me into walking back thru the woods and to the creek. That's quite a walk if I say so myself. He showed me Byran and his tree stands. Don can't wait to be able to go deer hunting this Fall. He expects the doctor to give him a clean bill of health when he goes for his last check-up on his hip replacement in a couple of weeks. You both take care.

    Don and Patty Bowers

    ReplyDelete