Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday, May 24

Think Olympics! That is exactly what the students at Holt Crossing are doing.  My friend Sharon is running her 13th Olympic games in this her 35th and final year of teaching.  Her fifth and sixth grade students have been learning about the summer games by participating in their own.  Today, I had the privilege of helping out with the track and field events.  I timed and measured and I loved every minute of it.  Each homeroom represented a country and wore a t-shirt with the flag of that country.  It was quite a sight when they entered the stadium in their multi-colored shirts.  The weather was perfect and the events went off without a hitch.  Great job to all of the staff and students at Holt.  I had planned to snap a few pictures for the blog but I was so busy it never happened.




When I got home I was pretty tired.  After supper I thought I would soak in the hot tub but when I got to the door to go out on the deck, I noticed there were two does out in the yard.  They were grazing along the creek, probably eating some of the clippings from Andy's weed eater.  I found my camera and took a few pictures before I noticed that the Baltimore Oriole was sitting on my orange feeder.  A perfect ending to a perfect day

No comments:

Post a Comment