Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wednesday, May 2

 Just what we need, more Canada Geese.  But they are pretty cute!!
 A very vocal male red-winged blackbird
 Grackles picking up worms in the puddle left in our yard after last night's rain.
The very handsome rose-breasted grosbeak.
Last night the rains were torrential.  We didn't even notice how much rain we were getting until I took Molly out and noticed that there was no where to go because everything was under water.  The garden was completely flooded and much of the soil is in the grass.  What a mess!  Our fish ponds were full of mud this morning and I found one of our fish washed up and laying on the deck.  I'm not sure how much rain we had but it must have been close to 2-3 inches.  So this morning we cleaned the two fish ponds, draining them and scrubbing the mud from the sides.  It was a beautiful day so as I caught my breath after cleaning I  watched some of my backyard friends and was elated to see a rose-breasted grosbeak at the feeder.  I really need to get my hummingbird feeders up.  Tomorrow Sara and Matt are taking Andy to the Reds vs Cubs game.  I am going to watch Evelyn here at home while they are gone.  Andy is pretty excited about the game and is hoping it doesn't get too hot since it is a day game.

No comments:

Post a Comment