Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday, March 16

My day began by dropping my car off for repairs and then driving Mr. Bichler's truck over to see him at Dodd Hall. He was just returning from a coffee run as part of his occupational therapy. He has been feeling really good and doesn't seem to have any pain from the surgery. We met with one of his doctors today to discuss his medications, when his sutures will come out and his vision. After lunch Mr. B had physical therapy. His regular therapist had the day off so Amber filled in. Since it was a nice day we walked to Mirror Lake.(no ankle weights this time!) On the way back to Dodd, Mr. B decided he was hungry and stopped at a street vendor and bought a Philly cheese steak and then ate it on the way back. Talk about multi-tasking! At least his appetite is back. I attended my first Spouse Support Group for families of traumatic brain injuries. I found it to be very helpful to talk to others whose husbands have suffered from brain injuries. From here the evening went downhill fast. I left early so I could go pick up my car in London but when I got to the truck in the parking garage, the truck would not start. AAA and 2 hours later I still don't know what is wrong with the truck but I did get a ride home and I'll try to have a better day tomorrow. Going to the zoo in the morning and put in a few hours in North America, my favorite region. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment