Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wednesday, March 4


Although the surgery went well, according to neurosurgeon Dr. McGregor, the recovery process is not going as I expected. We seem to be going backwards and it has been especially frustrating for me. Answers are vague at best, could be the trauma of surgery, the anesthesia, medication, or lack of, or a combination of all of the above, ect. ect. ect. I'm having difficulty scheduling our outpatient therapy, Mr. B has lost his sense of humor and his appetite and it is cold outside. Now that I am finished feeling sorry for myself we will get back to the job at hand, recovery. Today is another day, pray it is a good one!
MY SLEEPING Rx:
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil, my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. (Psalm 23: 1-6)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Carol--my heart goes out to you both. Healing does take time and patience, that is for sure. Sounds like a very frustrating day. You are definitely in our thoughts and prayers! P.S. I loved the painting you posted!

    Deb Marsh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, you are an amazing and talented woman, and you have showed grace and humor while helping Andy. Your friends and family, and your sleeping RX, will be there to sustain you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol & Andy: The road back to wellness is never straight and you are experiencing a dip right now. I was the caregiver for my husband in 2006 and I remember those dips all too well. Hang in there and keep the faith. We are all still praying for both of you.
    Mary Jo Geyer Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Carol! You're doing a great job with the challenges you're facing! Andy has already come a long way from where he was right after the accident. It will get better and it will improve. As you said in an earlier post...patience is the key. Mom says I don't have any of that either, but sometimes I have to manage to find it!

    Hailey

    ReplyDelete