Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday, March 5

It's about 1:10 am and I just got home from the OSU Medical Center. As I said earlier, there were some subtle changes that have been occurring since the Friday surgery. To ease my mind, I decided to take Mr. Bichler to the E.R. just to have the neurosurgery team check him out. That was around noon. A C.T. scan (at 6 pm) showed a hemotoma (blood from bruising) that may or may not be causing some of the problems Mr. B has been experiencing. The neurosurgeon said they would be admitting Mr. B for observation but around 8 pm an anesthesiologist came to get information for his surgery. Guess they forgot to tell us about that little detail! Any way, today they will be doing another surgery to suction the blood off the brain. They did an MRI around 11 pm but I won't know the results from that until I go back in the morning. I just needed to get home and get some rest. The surgery is considered an add on so it will probably be later in the day when ever the surgeon can fit it in. Dr. McGregor will be doing the surgery. He has done the previous 2 surgeries and he is absolutely wonderful. I will have Trish update the blog as we get more information.

5 comments:

  1. Carol,

    Our thouughts and prayers are with Andy as well as your entire family.

    Pam,Dave,Dawn,& Russ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will continue to pray for him and all of you! Thank you for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr.Bichler I miss you so much! & I want you back at school so bad! Get well soon! I hope to see you back at school soon!
    Your student,
    Chelsey Byerly

    ReplyDelete
  4. we all miss you mr.bichler and you are still m favorite teacher and i hope you come back.
    miss. branham is doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Its great to hear Mr. Bichler is doing good everyone misses him so much! I cant wait until he comes back to school or at least stops by to see everyone cuz we want to see him. Im praying for him and the rest of the family! Cant wait to see you Mr. B!

    Your Student,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete