Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tuesday, March 10


Well, I saw my first red-winged blackbird of the year this morning on the way to the hospital. Can spring be far? Good news on several counts. First, our nephew, Daniel and his wife, gave birth to little baby Olive today! And the next best news was that we were approved to go back to Dodd Hall for a brief stint to rehab all those areas that were lost during the last two surgeries. Having two cranioplasties in 6 days and contracting a potentially dangerous infection can really affect one's cognition and memory. Mr. Bichler will begin the intense therapy sessions at Dodd tomorrow. The Dr.s and therapists will have their panel meeting on Friday and based on their evaluations they will give us a discharge date. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers! And a special thanks for friends who come to sit with me during surgeries, even when I tell them they don't need to and to those who ask if I need food, and when I say no, they bring me marble brownies and milk any way! I pray everyone has friends and family as special as we are so blessed to have.

2 comments:

  1. I've been watching the blog daily so I really appreciate all of your updates. It sounds like things are moving in the right direction again. I know that even though things get tough sometimes that you two are tougher! Hang in there!
    Jackie Potts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. & Mrs. B.
    Congrats on the new family member! Mr. B. Hang in there and good luck on the therapy! Mrs. B. you have a lot of people who care about the both of you and are eager for both of you to come home. I will be thinking and praying for the both of you and wishing you both a speedy recovery .

    Take Care,
    Kim Harvey

    ReplyDelete