Saturday, October 15, 2011

Friday, October 14

This Mill was at the entrance to the State Park and the path was lined with different sized grist wheels.



As I was leaving the Mill a school bus let out these high school student dressed in period costumes. I think they were having pictures taken.

When I hiked the night before the trail took me to two different pre-Civil War cemeteries with some very interesting head stones.

Yesterday I left about 8 am to head down to Tennessee for homecoming at my college, Lincoln Memorial University. I had decided that it might be fun to go down early and camp an extra night at one of the state parks in Kentucky and try to see some migrating birds. As I left the fog was pretty bad all the way until I got to I-70 and then once I got to Cincinnati it poured. It was not a great day to be driving. When I got near London, Kentucky the rain seemed to have stopped and the sun came out so I decided to stop at the Levi Jackson State Park and spend the night there. They had lots of trails and the campground was really nice. Well the rain came back while I was hiking and then again around 9 p.m. All in all it was a pretty wet night. I must say though I did enjoy myself but it would have been much nicer if it had been dry. Today I spent on campus meeting up with some sorority sisters, taking a tour of the campus and tonight I went to their Midnight Madness. Now I am getting ready to get a good nights sleep in a king size bed at the Sleep Inn. Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment