Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday, October 28

The vulture with the red head is an adult, the dark ones are juveniles.

I have no idea how this ended up in our yard, what ever it is.

Molly and Maggie became very good playmates in a very short time.

We miss you Melody, glad you are so happy. Retirement looks good on you!

One month from today I will be in Hawaii preparing to meet out new little granddaughter. I'm getting excited especially since the weather is getting cooler. This morning I watched several of my favorite birds, turkey vultures, fighting over something really gross. Last night when Molly and I went for our walk we counted about 60 vultures roosting in the woods. Tonight there were none. I think it is about a week earlier than their usual migration but perhaps they were watching the weather channel and saw that snow was on the way!

We had a pleasant surprise this evening when we got a call from our friend Melody Kuhl. After retirement she headed south and has recently relocated near Charleston, South Carolina. She brought her new little Jack Russell puppy Maggie and she and Molly got along great. It was so much fun to watch the interaction between the two. Maggie was not intimidated at all. She seemed to think she was the same size as Molly. We wish Melody well and hope to get down to visit her in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment