Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday, October 15

The wall that houses the Hall of Fame plaques.

My plaque is in the lower right corner.

What do you think? I'm not sure but sure am proud to see my name there.

This is my plaque that I received at the induction ceremony. Glad my Zeta sisters were there to support me. I was pretty nervous.

My silent auction purchase. Now this is an exciting purchase!!

Today was a very special day for me. I was inducted into the Professional Hall of Fame at my alma mater, Lincoln Memorial University. I had been nominated last year for the Athlete's Hall of Fame but because I never played a college sport there they said I didn't qualify. (Guess it didn't matter that they didn't offer any sports for women at the time!) Any way, they suggested that the nomination be resubmitted for the Professional Hall of Fame and this year I was selected. I really owe a debt of gratitude to my sorority sisters of Zeta Tau Kappa for having the confidence in me to consider a nomination. Thank you Zetas, my room mate Joan Chrustowski and special thanks to Lynn Livesay and Wanda Eubank for spear heading the effort. I felt so humbled by the whole experience. It was just a really special week end. And as if the day couldn't get better, at the Alumni Banquet tonight I won the silent auction for a signed Pat Summitt basketball. That just topped off the entire week end. Tomorrow I head back north. I'm going to miss all the southern hospitality.

1 comment: