Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesday, October 18

The outlook at Chained Rock near Pineville, Ky. Lynn and I drove up here on Saturday before the induction ceremony.

Looking out over Pineville and route 25E.

On Sunday before I drove home, I stopped at Pineville State Park and hiked to the Rock Hotel.

Here it is, it reminded me of a smaller version of Ash Cave in the Hocking Hills.

It was a beautiful morning and very relaxing. Even though the thought of black bears did cross my mind as I was walking down towards the cave. And no I didn't have my bear bells or bear spray!

Finally getting rested up from my week end festivities in Tennessee. I should have been working a little harder to get things outside winterized because it looks like the weather is not going to be very nice for the rest of the week. The zoo wasn't very busy today. I spent 2 hours in the aviary and met a couple from Indianapolis and another from Pennsylvania. As I was leaving I helped out a group of adults that were visiting from South Carolina. They were so much fun I ended up walking them to the food court they were looking for and gave them a tour on the way. When we arrived, they offered to buy me a hot dog for lunch. It is experiences like these that make being a docent so much fun. When I got home Andy was busy getting the leaves blown into the creek. He has been working on them for the last week. He even got the old leaf blower working. He had to remove the carburator and clean the needle valve. I'm really proud that he was able to get that working and he felt pretty good about it too. Then he had to fix the tire because it went flat. He has been keeping pretty busy during the last few weeks which is really good for him. Especially since he got some pretty disappointing news last Tuesday. The school decided not to re-hire him for the basketball job this year. I just wish they would have let us know several months ago. This will be the first time in 36 years a Bichler has not coached one of the middle school basketball teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment