Saturday, October 22, 2011

Saturday, October 22

Demonstrating how the native Americans would have one of their fastest runners put on a wolf skin to stampede the bison and run them over a cliff.

Luckily these 6 bison don't have to worry, they look to be pretty secure.



When I got up this morning and went out to fill the bird feeders I decided it was such a nice morning that I was going to head out to the Battelle Darby Metro Park for the Bison Walk they were having at 10 a.m. It was such a beautiful crisp autumn day it couldn't be wasted. About 50 people of all ages showed up for the nearly 2 mile walk out to the prairie to see the 6 female bison that now call the park home. The young park ranger was very informative and her presentation was very interesting. I decided to stop by Prairie Oaks on my way home and did part of the 2 mile Coneflower Trail. I saw some white-throated sparrows, lots of goldfinches and heard several woodpeckers. On part of the trail I saw deer and coyote tracks. It was a very enjoyable morning.

The prairie grasses at Prairie Oaks Metro Park.



When I got home I moved the small fish up to the larger pond. It is deeper and we can put a heater in it to keep it from freezing solid so the fish can survive. I also got all the windows closed in the barn. I still need to drain all the garden hoses and turn off the outside water before we get a hard freeze. Other than that I think we are about ready for winter.
Yesterday I took Molly to the vet because she has been scratching herself for the last 2 weeks. The doc still isn't sure why but she put her on benedryl and an antibiotic. The worst thing was that she noticed that Molly has chipped her top right canine tooth. So Monday we go to a doggie dentist and more than likely she will get a crown put on her tooth. Wonder how much that will set us back$?

No comments:

Post a Comment