Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wednesday, October 26

My most recent painting of the stained glass from the front of our Methodist Church. This one is titled "Gethsemane".

I did this painting for Sara and Matt's wedding gift in 2006. It is "Christ, The Good Shepherd". I am having these made into note cards and they will be available at our church bazaar on November 5.

Feeling kind of lazy the last 2 days but I must say the weather yesterday was very nice. I did get some yard work done and re-cleaned the gutter at the back of the house. The maple tree doesn't have any leaves left so I think I'm safe. I mowed off the garden and cleaned out some of my flower beds so I'm feeling pretty ready for winter. On Monday, Molly, our dog had to go to the dentist. She had a chipped canine tooth. She ended up getting a root canal and had a crown put on the old dead tooth. Seems that she had damaged her teeth, probably as a puppy, from chewing on a cage bar. Other than the one bad tooth, the rest of her teeth are very healthy. Unfortunately, now I can't afford to get my own teeth cleaned!!

If anyone has any old, gently used coats, the Methodist church downtown is having a winter coat give away for the community. They ran out of coats today at the 2-3 pm give away. There is another on Saturday so you still have time to go through those closets. You can drop them off to me or at the church. Thanks. We are also having a Trunk or Treat this Saturday at 6 p.m. Bring the kids for a safe evening of trick or treat and a weiner roast and fun activities. And lastly our church bazaar is coming up on November 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment