Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday, January 20

Just call me beautiful.

Wheeee! So much fun I even let Grandma hold my "B" (short for binky)

Are you coming Molly? Molly says, it's cold out here, I'm going in!

The newspaper delivery gal, taking her Pop Pop the daily paper.

I was just trying to help Grandma clear off the kitchen table, really!!

It has been a real treat having Lily stay with us during these 2 weeks. She is such a happy little girl, most of the time, actually all of the time if you are giving her your undivided attention. She loves feeding Molly, our dog and I fear that our efforts to have Molly drop 30 pounds may have been jeopardized by Lily. She insists on having a full doggie bowl and loves to feed her Scooby Snacks. It has helped Molly to overcome her fear of "little people". Lily insisted on going outside again today but we could not stay out very long. She loves to help feed the birds and loves for me to pull her around in the saucer sled. I heard a saying that describes Lily to a tee, she is "all gas and no brakes" and she, like the energizer bunny just keeps going and going. She was going to stay with us tonight and travel over to stay the week end with Grandma and Pop Pop Foulk but I took her over this afternoon just in case the weather gets as bad as they are forecasting. Pop Pop Bichler has really enjoyed watching Lily play around the house. Part of me wishes he could actively participate with the kids and I mourn the fact that they will never know the Pop Pop he would have been if the accident never happened. The blessing is that they are quite content and accept Pop Pop as he is, the always accessible Pop Pop that is never far from his lazy boy. Luke loves to sit in his lap and crack hazel nuts and Lily likes to whisper to him from the stair steps. There is probably a lesson in this somewhere and at some point I may learn to begin looking forward instead of back. For now I will enjoy life day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment